Friday, September 6, 2013

Kids No Fears & No Regrets....

Children at play


See all 2 photos Source: Children playing uploaded to CureZone by Babu369 On CureZone Image

Ahhh, to be a kid again.

I'm about five years old, playing in the backyard with my sisters . We are being kids, running yelling and enjoying ourselves. We decide, for some odd reason, to act like beavers and the three of us start chewing the fresh bamboo -like stalks that were growing out in our back yard.
They were greenish in color with red speckles and tasted kind of tart, like the green clovers you find in the grass.( Can you visualize three kids biting into and chewing these stalks, and making faces like we just had a glass of unsweetened lemonade)? I refer to the look as a " pucker power: face!
Now I'm older..in my fourties,.. and I'm thinking back to those younger years and realize in horror that about four feet away from where we were pretending to be beavers, we had a septic tank..and it was covered ,like a true redneck yard, with the hood of a junked car!!! You know the old saying about all kids eating some dirt at least once in their lives?!.... EEsh...... It makes my skin crawl just thinking about that now.

I believe I can fly....boy was I wrong

Then there was the FIRST time I had a dream that I could fly!! What kid doesn't right? So I go to school the next day and when outside on recess, I decided to give it a whirl. The school yard was kind of bi-level, meaning it went from the normal asphalt, up hill slightly, to a basketball court.

I start my run going in circles, at first, and then widening out as I built up some speed. I run towards the edge of the asphalt basket ball court and toss caution to the wind. Throwing my arms out like a bird, I hurl myself off the blacktop......only to come crashing down onto the dirt and gravel incline and I rolled to a stop on the tarred surface of the first level, scraping my elbows, knees, shins, and face. !!NEWS FLASH!! Appearantly it doesn't work without the cape.... =/

Appearantly , in order to fly, one needs a cape


Source: http://www.fotosearch.com/blend-images/childs-play...

Ever been double dog dared?

Have you ever done something not so smart because someone double dog dared you?! One of my siblings use to have a ball with me. I have eaten one dry dogfood nugget, half of a night crawler....yes! I didn't stutter, did I? And Yes!! It was one of the worst things I have ever tasted...and the combination of textures like grit and slime...EWWW gag gag....
The worst thing I ever did on a dare was jump out the second story bedroom window, wearing pajamas, a bathrobe, and skidoo boots (it was winter), because my older sibling, who was "babysitting" said,that I was chicken and didn't have the guts to do it. She was wrong!! But as luck would have it, appearantly at the exact moment that I jumped, she turned and walked away thinking I wouldn't go through with it. She never actually saw me leap so picture her surprised look
when she heard a knock on the front door and when she opened it, I was standing outside, in front of her.

Out of the mouths of babes

Years ago when my children were much younger, my family was having a huge bar b que. It was suppose to be quite a gathering of relatives. As I was getting my children ready for the day and waiting for my brother to come pick us up, my girls were asking who was going to be at Mem & Pep's cookout.

I starting reciting the names of people in my immediate family and went on to add the aunts and uncles who would also be there. And amidst the familiar names I say...and Aunt Rita and Uncle Dick...but before I could continue futher, my oldest daughter who was approximately 5 or 6 years old, at the time says, "Mumma! They don't name boys THAT!!!"

I was so shocked by her comment, I was doubled over in an attempt to squash any and all laughter. I immediately repeated the story to my brother, on the way to the cook out, and he nearly crashed the car due to hysterics!!

That one liner was the favorite "joke" of the day.

"To pee or not to pee"! That is that question.

Ok...this is for the girls out there.....AND if any of you say NO..then you are liars.....ok maybe not liars, but come on, fess up....
Little girls are curious and I know I was when I was a child. I always wondered what it would be like to use the potty like a boy, but I was smart enough to know if I tried to 'tinkle' standing up like I boy that I would probably end up making a huge mess.


This is where the honesty comes in.....ladies...have you ever, in your lifetime, straddled the toilet bowl, and sit facing the tank, while peeing?! Be honest. No one here is going to judge you, afterall...we're talking preschool age, not last weekend.

I have had this conversation on a few occassions and all the men who have heard this little tidbit of female conversation have laughed hysterically saying, "NO WAY...that's too funny!"

I refuse to believe that I am the only female, in the entire human race to have done this!! Oh well, I came, I saw, I tried, I succeeded, Yay me!!

Bathroom etiquette

Elementary school children washing thier hands.
See all 2 photos Elementary school children washing thier hands.Source: http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id...


  • Extreme Teen Bible: No Fears, No Regrets. Just A Future With A ...

    www.barnesandnoble.com/w/extreme-teen-bible-thomas-nelson/...

    Kids; Toys & Games; Home & Gifts; Movies & TV; Music; Gift Cards; ... No Fears, No Regrets, Just a Future With a Promise (Leather Bound - Orange Imitation Leather) Pub.


  • Kids No Fears & No Regrets....

    christynajohnson.hubpages.com/hub/Revisiting-my-childhood

    It's funny how we get these random flash images from our pasts. Why they bubble up to the surface when they do is still a mystery, but I'm glad that they do. Some of ...


  • No Fear Rethinking Childhood

    rethinkingchildhood.com/no-fear

    No Fear: Growing up in a ... safety agencies and the Government and shows how risk averse behaviour ironically can damage and endanger childrens lives. In ...


  • Finished the Deca..!!!!

    www.nofearsnoregrets.com/index.htm

    Welcome to " No Fears No Regrets ", this website is basically an online log book documenting the running, biking and triathlon events which I have participated in ...


  • Extreme Teen Bible No Fears No Regrets Just A Future with A ...

    www.ebay.com/itm/Extreme-Teen-Bible-No-Fears-No-Regrets-Just-A...

    Extreme Teen Bible : No Fears, No Regrets. Just A Future with A Promise by Thomas Nelson (2001, Paperback) : Thomas Nelson (2001) in Books, Children & Young Adults eBay


  • no regrets parenting Barnes & Noble

    www.barnesandnoble.com/s/no-regrets-parenting

    Kids; Toys & Games; Home ... Books; NOOK Books; Price Range. Discounted; Advertising. Showing all of 8 results for no regrets parenting in ... No Fear, No Doubt, No ...


  • No fears and no regrets - WordReference Forums

    forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=4627857 replies from April 2007

    No fears and no regrets, I will spare no effort to become a scientist whomake contributions to the whole world. My students wrote this, and the words in bold sound ...


  • No Fear - Circle B Designs - Humor Gallery - Skreened T-shirts ...

    skreened.com/circlebdesigns3/no-fear

    Kids & Babies. Accessories. Description: No fear! Search: no fear, humor, humorous, attitude. ... No Regrets. No Drama. No Complaints. No Worries.


  • No Fear And No Regrets Flickr - Photo Sharing!

    www.flickr.com/photos/thelotuscarroll/80381654807 comments 763 views Added 3/9/2012

    No Fear And No Regrets 33 ; 7 ; Newer Older futboldans, ulfbjolin, dgwphotography, and 30 other people added this photo to their favorites ...


  • No regret no fear

    noregretnofear.tumblr.com

    No regret no fear. Description Take chances Links Ask away Submit Twitter archive Me I'D TAP THIS. 189 notes. 1 hour ago. 09 - 01 - 2013. Permalink ...


  • Extreme Teen Bible : No Fears, No Regrets, Just A Future with A ...

    www.gohastings.com/product/BOOK/Extreme-Teen-Bible-No-Fears-No...

    Extreme Teen Bible : No Fears, No Regrets, Just A Future with A Promise. English. ISBN: 0785200819 EAN: 9780785200819 ...


  • No Fear No Regret (NithaVincent) on Twitter

    twitter.com/NithaVincent954 followers 4,157 tweets Following 996 others

    The latest from No Fear No Regret (@NithaVincent). Music is my life. Singing is my passion. Writing is my escape from reality. I unfollow back Directioner Sheerio


  • No Fear, No Regret, a glee fanfic FanFiction

    www.fanfiction.net/s/8443870/1/No-Fear-No-Regret

    No Fear, No Regret. Author: Shanynde PM. Season 4: Will is again trying to help his students. ... the relationships of his Glee kids changed a lot over the last year.


  • Extreme Teen Bible-NKJV: No Fears, No Regrets, Just a Future with ...

    books.google.com/books/about/Extreme_Teen_Bible_NKJV.html?id=...Rating: 5/5 1 review

    Review: Extreme Teen Bible: No Fears, No Regrets, just a future with a promise ... The NLT Kids Bible Tyndale House Publishers No preview available - 2008.


  • No Fear, No Regret, a les miserables fanfic FanFiction

    www.fanfiction.net/s/9504091/1/No-Fear-No-Regret

    No Fear, No Regret. ... Still as they lie next to one another they regret nothing, their children and grandchildren have grown old and they know that if they leave ...


  • Extreme Teen Bible No Fears No Regrets Just A Future with A ...

    www.ebay.com/itm/Extreme-Teen-Bible-No-Fears-No-Regrets-Just-A...

    Extreme Teen Bible : No Fears, No Regrets. Just A Future with A Promise by Thomas Nelson (2001, Paperback) : Thomas Nelson (2001) in Books, Children & Young Adults eBay


  • No Kids - No Debt - No Regret - Democratic Underground

    www.democraticunderground.com/10022088604

    Watching them develop into individuals with their own thoughts, opinions, fears, ... I have plenty of friends with out kids and no regrets for those guys either


  • No kids, no regrets Israel News Broadcast Haaretz

    www.haaretz.com/weekend/magazine/no-kids-no-regrets-1.332730

    No kids, no regrets ... they enable us to cope with the fear of loneliness, aging and death. So much is riding on our children's scrawny shoulders: ...

No comments:

Post a Comment